Service Purchase Plan Process
Prolifics is currently involved in a project at a large public retirement system. In an effort to modernize its infrastructure, the company wanted to ensure that the architecture is interoperable and robust by proving architecturally-significant functionality rather than demonstrate complete business functionality. Equally important is the need for the system to demonstrate that it is agile enough to be modified (e.g. associated business processes and rules) significantly faster than its UPS (Unified Pension System) counterpart. In addition, the Project must demonstrate that straight-through processing is achievable by allowing exception-free instances of processes to execute to completion without any manual intervention.
IBM Case Manager provides an installation framework where you can install IBM Case Manager in a distributed architecture where IBM Case Manager is installed on a separate system from FileNet P8. The IBM Case Manager installation program installs Case Manager Builder, Case Manager Client, the IBM Case Manager administration client, and the IBM Case Manager API.
The distributed system architecture is ideal for large production environments. The following graphic shows the typical architecture of IBM Case Manager in a distributed environment and the features that IBM Case Manager can integrate with.
- Using an existing business process, Purchase Service Request, we designed and built the environment, which will be established on a VM configuration. This includes the installation of the requisite IBM Case Management, ILOG JRules, Lotus Forms, Datacap and Thunderhead software. Here is an example of the process flow and how the difference technologies in Case Manager are leveraged:
- Case Builder is used for Business Process Modeling and configuring workflows
- ILOG Rules Studio authors and tests rules in JRules that are harvested from the existing UPS system
- Develop and integrate Lotus Forms user interfaces
- Configure a Datacap batch class and release scripts to load documents into FileNet
- Define and generate XML payloads containing the data necessary for the production of member correspondence
- Create test data, test cases and validation of the testing results
- Functional and integration testing of the ICM, ILOG JRules, Lotus Forms, Datacap and Thunderhead application components
The company supports Member Service Request transactions online and risk-based quality control, giving them the ability to shorten cycle times, improve service levels, and mitigate risks across their Service Processes. This enables increased throughput and capacity with existing resources and eliminates costs associated with document shipping, inbound document processing and operations processes.
How does IBM Case Manager help our customer?
- Provides knowledge workers with a contextual environment and 360-degree case view
- Helps knowledge workers create and participate in ad hoc and structured workflows
- Delivers real-time case metrics and integrated sentiment and content analyses to streamline workloads and remediate obstacles
- Offers a business–focused design that includes interview-style interfaces for case construction and the ability to capture industry best practices in templates
- Facilitates sophisticated decision management using an integrated business rules management approach, which uses automation and dynamic business rules to simplify assessment and payment processes and easily respond to ever-changing policies and legislation
- Simplifies collaboration and boosts productivity through social software and communication
Key benefits IBM Case Manager Solution:
- Program efficacy: achieve better outcomes and results
- Employee and case worker effectiveness: handle more cases with fewer resources
- Optimal case outcomes: improve safety, cut costs and increase revenue
- Process efficiency: leverage automation wherever possible and focus on exceptions
- Compliance and visibility: manage risk and achieve compliance cost-efficiently
Khaled Moawad is a business consultant with 15+ years of experience in the field of IT. He has participated in large IT projects at multinational organizations in different fields. Khaled's business consulting experience is in IBM Enterprise Content Management, IBM FileNet, IBM Advanced Case Manager, and Lombardi Business Process Management. Khaled has excellent analytical and wide application-based process re-engineering skills, including project management expertise. During his career, he has gained a wealth of experience throughout all stages of pre-sales, implementation, support, software development and project management.