Unstructured data refers to disorganized information that does not have a data structure (i.e. exist within a database). Examples of “unstructured data” may include documents, presentations, spreadsheets, scanned images, multimedia files stored in file repositories like regular file systems or an advanced collaborative tool like SharePoint. This type of data is critical to every business as users frequently collaborate on such files that often contain sensitive information. It is critical for the organizations to ensure that the users have access to correct data and any unnecessary accesses are revoked.
This visibility gap is effectively fulfilled by StealthBits' StealthAUDIT Management Platform (SMP). StealthBits has the capability to crawl across an organization’s environment discovering unstructured data and dump a single, consolidated entitlement catalogue containing key information such as:
- Who owns the unstructured data
- Who has access to this unstructured data items – Users and/or Groups.
- How access has been granted – Is it through a Group?
- Control provisioning and revocation of access to unstructured data from ISIM and
- Accelerate the effort to map all these unstructured data items to ISIM.
1. StealthBits' StealthAUDIT Management Platform discovers unstructured data in an environment and creates a consolidated view of entitlements. SMP also determines the AD Groups that have access to these unstructured data items.
2. Items discovered by SMP can be selectively published to ISIM.
3. After the publish activity is complete, “Access” on the AD Groups that entitle access to these items is automatically enabled by the publish workflow.
4. SMP helps identify an owner for the access.
5. Once these accesses have been defined, organizations can implement the Request Based Access Control model for the unstructured data items leveraging the existing advanced workflow processes for user self-service requests of access to organizational resources.
At IBM Pulse this week, Prolifics is showcasing this security solution and other solutions that help organizations around the world manage risk and compliance. Our experts will also be sharing recent client success stories in the solution showcase and across several conference sessions.
Learn more about our presence at Pulse and download session replays by visiting our conference page.